Position number 155018
Principal Scientist/Senior Principal Scientist Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics
Boehringer Ingelheim is seeking a highly motivated Principal Scientist/Senior Principal Scientist to join the Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) department at our US headquarters in Ridgefield, CT.
As a Principal Scientist/Senior Principal Scientist, you will propose and implement new R&D and or technology goals and new experimental designs. You will also be responsible for managing and prioritizing multiple projects within the laboratory; defining, implementing, and communicating tactics for achieving overall R&D project goals; and evaluating and interpreting data.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the company's success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Candidates should be capable of designing, conducting, interpreting, and reporting data from in vitro and in vivo studies to determine metabolite profiles and metabolite structures by MS.
• Experience with systems to generate metabolites, a working knowledge of various drug metabolizing enzymes and chemical mechanisms.
• Opportunities to critically review in-licensing candidates.
• This position requires interpretation, analysis, documentation, and presentation of results at different levels and so ability to translate findings is important.
• Candidates will also be responsible for developing new strategies within the department and communicating new scientific developments.
• Candidates will have the opportunity to represent DMPK in multidisciplinary project teams.
• Compliance with applicable regulations, ability to perform all work in a safe manner and maintain proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies is essential.
· Ph.D. degree in Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy, or other relevant field, with an in depth knowledge of metabolite profiling and with at least 3 years of post-graduate experience.
Senior Principal Scientist
Ph.D. degree in Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy, or other relevant field, with an in depth knowledge of metabolite profiling and with at least 6 to 8 years relevant experience.
· A sound knowledge of drug disposition, drug metabolizing enzymes and metabolite identification.
· Effective oral and written communication skills are essential.
· Experience with NMR interpretation.
· Experience with alternative models for generating metabolites.
· Additional experience with reactive intermediates, ADME or QWBA.
· A broad understanding of Drug Metabolism would be an advantage as the position will provide opportunities to appraise in-licensing candidates.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
· Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
· Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
· Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Ben Venue Laboratories Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings.